My Type 2 Diabetes Recipes series has had such a great response that I’ve decided to make it a weekly occurrence. This week I’m sharing my absolutely favourite chicken recipe. Served with stir fried green
My Type 2 Diabetes Recipes series has had such a great response that I’ve decided to make it a weekly occurrence.
This week I’m sharing my absolutely favourite chicken recipe. Served with stir fried green beans with a little of the sauce, had us all practically licking our plates clean! Even the fussiest of my children said I need to make chicken like this from now on. A win? I think so…
Type 2 Diabetes Baked Chicken with Bacon and Yoghurt Sauce
- 8 pieces chicken with skin on I used drum sticks and thighs. I think the drum sticks worked better with this recipe. If you are only using drum sticks, the recipe requires 16 pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 6 rashes bacon chopped in to, approximately, 1 cm squares
- 125 ml dry white wine you can substitute with white wine vinegar
- 30 ml dijon mustard/wholegrain mustard
- 250 ml double cream yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200*C
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and brown the chicken pieces in batches, remove from the heat, sprinkle with a little salt and place in an oven proof dish
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil, bacon until crispy
- Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are soft
- Add the wine and reduce by half
- Stir in the mustard and then the yoghurt and heat through
- Pour the mixture over chicken
- Bake the chicken for 40 min.
To see previews of recipes to come, please follow me on Instagram.