My Type 2 Diabetes Recipes series has had such a great response that I’ve decided to make it a weekly occurrence.
This week I’m sharing my absolutely favourite chicken recipe. Served with stir fried green beans with a little of the sauce, had us all practically licking our plates clean! Even the fussiest of my children said I need to make chicken like this from now on. A win? I think so…
Baked Chicken with Bacon and Yoghurt Sauce
8 chicken pieces, with skin on. (I used drum sticks and thighs. I think the drum sticks worked better with this recipe. If you are only using drum sticks, the recipe requires 16 drumsticks)
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp crushed garlic
6 rashes bacon, chopped in to, approximately, 1 cm squares
125 ml dry white wine (you can substitute with white wine vinegar)
30 ml Dijon mustard/wholegrain mustard
250 ml double cream yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 200*C
2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and brown the chicken pieces in batches, remove from the heat, sprinkle with a little salt and place in an oven proof dish.
3. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil, bacon until crispy.
4. Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions are soft.
5. Add the wine and reduce by half.
6. Stir in the mustard and then the yoghurt and heat through.
7. Pour the mixture over chicken.
8. Bake the chicken for 40 min.
Serve with stir fried green beans with the bacon and yoghurt sauce as a gravy.
To see previews of recipes to come, please follow me on Instagram.